Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rain, rain, go away

As you all know, I love my 7-minute commute. I literally cannot take the subway because my stop for home is the same as my stop for work.

Well, this morning my commute provided an interesting challenge. I took two showers today. One was in the comfort of my own home with soap, shampoo and hot water. The other was in the street en route to my office with pouring rain, wind and humongous puddles. Thankfully I had the foresight to bring a change of clothes because I was literally soaked to the bone. Since this is the first time it’s happened, it kind of felt like a game: a sort of Pole Position minus car + foot + rain. (I am sure that there is a more current video game that is more representative of my experience, but my video game knowledge trails off sometime in the 80s when I stopped cruising around the Sherman Oaks Galleria).

The rain also presents an added challenge to my job. I have a lunch meeting at 12:30 today at a restaurant down the street. Keep your fingers crossed that there’s a break in the rain. Otherwise, I’m showing up wet!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey deb - buy an umbrella. they sell them at Gap. (and at pretty much any corner store in the w. village.) :)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home