Tuesday, September 27, 2005

So long, summer

And just like that, summer is gone. Fall happened last Saturday morning. We were walking to meet Marisa and Melissa for brunch and lo and behold, it was Fall. There was no warning either: 80 degrees one day, 65 the next.

One thing I love about New York is the summer weather. Yes, I just used "New York" and "love" in the same sentence. I feel like I do a lot of bitching about New York, but I'll give it props for offering a pretty darn good summer lifestyle. Call me cuckoo, but I like the hot, humid days. Even my hair really liked the humidity...who knew? I will miss summer in New York. I'll miss the outdoor movies, the outdoor concerts, wearing skirts at night. I'll miss not having to ever bring a jacket (which is such a foreign concept for San Franciscan). I will miss wearing flip flops everywhere.

But I think I’m ready for Fall. First of all, I’m running out of business casual warm weather clothes. After seven years of working in a casual office where nice jeans and a clean pair of Pumas counted as dressing up, this business casual thing is proving to be quite a challenge. There are only so many combinations of black/khaki/gray pants with a button-down shirt/sweater/blazer that I can tolerate. For those of you who have a handle on this whole business casual phenomenon, I’d love to hear your secret.

So anyway, we’re kicking off Fall in style this weekend with a trip out to a Farm in the Hamptons to go apple and pumpkin picking. I cannot think of a more lovely way to spend a crisp Fall day. I am also very curious to see the Hamptons for myself. After reading many tales of the party-happy Hamptons in US Weekly, I associate it with apple martinis rather than apples. Apples, however, may be more my speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home