Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Working Deb is a Happy Deb

Hello from the world of the working! Despite my best efforts to be a permanent lady of leisure, my days are now filled from 9 - 5 (actually, more like 9 - 7). My first few days at Brandgenuity have been really fantastic. Since LeapFrog is one of my clients, the transition has been pretty easy. Highlights so far have included eating a Yoo-Hoo ice pop during a meeting (one of Brandgenuity's licensed products), meeting a "Flavorist" and last but certainly not least, the 7-minute commute.

Let me take a moment to revel in my 7-minute commute. I don't just like it. I like it, like it. Ah heck, I'll come out and say it: I LOVE IT! I have fallen head over heals for my 7-minute commute. After commuting over the Bay Bridge for almost 5 years, I feel like I deserve this commute. I bought the rights to this commute in $3 installments of bridge toll. But it's not even a commute, is it? It's a stroll, an amble, a walk in the park (or in my case, the Meatpacking District). I set my watch 7 minutes fast, so I can leave the house at 9:00 and still be at work at 9:00. It's like I'm never late! On Wednesday, I walked home to have lunch. I don't have to worry about which shoes to wear because I cannot walk far enough to make them hurt. If you can find yourself a 7-minute commute, I encourage you to take life by the horns and grab it.

Long live the 7-minute commute!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new life does indeed sound grand, but where do you hang your Star Wars memorabilia if there is no drive to work? Do you have your In and Out license plate frame hanging from a gold chain around your neck? Is your Margaritaville license plate frame duct taped to the seat of your pants?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home