Apartment is almost fully-operational
I am happy to report that our apartment is starting to feel like home. We've assembled all of the Ikea furniture, stocked the shelves with books and as of 3pm today, the couches finally arrived (hallelujah!).
We've noticed some quirky things about the apartment. The quirkiest of all is that all of the floors are slanted. For those of you who remember my apartment on Pine Street in San Francisco, the kitchen floor was severly slanted. Well, every floor in this apartment slants upwards towards the wall. It's as if every room was a mattress with a slight sag in the middle. It's not that big of a deal, but cooking on a slanted stove is challenging! And I'm already domestically-challenged. I do not need any more obstacles in my way.
We've managed to make the most of our space. Everything has storage: the coffee table, the entertainment stand, even the kitchen chairs are stored under the kitchen table!
We're off to put on the finishing touches.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home