Monday, March 16, 2009

Oink!

Hello from Bentonville, Arkansas, home of the Walmart Home Office. I'm here for my semi-quarterly visit. I kicked this trip off with a finger lickin' good meal at the Whole Hog Cafe. The restauarant is across the street from my hotel but we drove over in our enormous Dodge Journey. When in Rome.

At Whole Hog, I enjoyed 6 baby back baby back baby rack ribs, beans, an iceberg lettuce salad wrapped in saran wrap, the most delicious dinner roll, and some good conversation. All for $9.99! What a deal.

Even though I was about to pop after all that fine pig, I didn't want the good times to end so we continued on to get ice cream at Andy's Custard. I exercised some self-restraint and ate a small vanilla custard (on a cone!) and Julie enjoyed a very thick milkshake called a concrete. Andy's only has a drive through window so we parked and ate our ice cream in Julie's rental car. It kind of felt like high school or what I would imagine high school is like in a small town.

My body thinks it's 8pm but the clock says 10pm, so I better put my very full self to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home